Using Probiotics, Candida Stop and Flora. On Amoxicillin for severe ear infection. Safe?

ENT Specialist
Using Probiotics...Candida Stop and Flora Vs....recently put on Amoxicillin 500mg T.I.D. for severe ear infection....can I continue to take my probiotics while on the Amoxicillin....Tks
Posted Thu, 15 Aug 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 11 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

1. Yes, you may continue your probiotics.

2. In fact, probiotics are frequently prescribed along with broad spectrum antibiotics such as amoxicillin to control the gastrointestinal side effects such as antibiotic associated diarrhea.

I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.