Using Glisen MF for diabestes. Can I used Euroglip as an alternative medication?

I WAS USING GLISEN MF1 FOR MY DIABETIC WITH FBS RANGING FRIM 165 180 AND RBS WITH 280/260/240/ NOW MY DRUGIST SUGGEST THE ALTERNATE AS EUROGLIP-MP1 Glimepride, pioglitazone with metfirmin due to non availability pls suggest
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 43 minutes later

If the sugar readings you provided above are during when you were on Glisen MF, I would then consider the Euroglip MP a better choice to get your sugar levels under control.There is benefit than harm in consuming the new combination.

Euroglip MP has Pioglitazone in addition to the components that Glisen MF has .Pioglitazone reduces insulin resistance in the liver and peripheral tissues, increases the expense of insulin-dependent glucose, decreases withdrawal of glucose from the liver and reduces quantity of glucose. It is more effective when given in combination with Glimepride and Metformin. Also it has a additional effect on lowering the cholesterol.Hence the effects are better.

Also do monitor on the sugar levels and you can continue Euroglip MP there on if the sugar levels are under control.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.