Using Cetaphil moisturising cream but pimples have not stopped occuring

Dermatologist
Question
Dr XXXXXXX

I will use cetepahil moisturising cream. But i have been using these creams for close to 2 weeks. But am seeing no much changes. In face, pimples have not stopped...
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Acne

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 2 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX
Cetaphil moisturising cream can’t stop pimples.
It is basically a non comedogenic cream which means that it can’t deteriorate acne further but treatment of acne is required.
Treatment of acne would involve application of benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin in the day time and adapalene 0.1% in the night time.
You may also need a course of oral antibiotics depending on the severity of acne.
Dr.Rohit Batra
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Using Cetaphil moisturising cream but pimples have not stopped occuring 44 minutes later

Am using cetaphil facewash, benzoyl peroxide and sunscreen. in the night time i use adapalene. now i will use cetaphil moisturising cream.

But i stil get pimples....

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 50 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing back.
In case you are using all these medications, then I don't think that there is any need for you to use moisturizers. Also, a sunscreen in a lotion or cream base can lead to flurry of pimples. You can use a sunscreen in a gel base.
I would suggest you to carry on with the acne treatment alone for best results.

Dr.Rohit Batra
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Using Cetaphil moisturising cream but pimples have not stopped occuring 40 minutes later
I use shadowz 30 sunscreen lotion. after using all these creams, my skin has slightly become rough (peeling of skin) and i get few pimples also.

Please suggest...

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 16 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX

The sunscreen used is also a lotion and cause excessive greasiness and can give rise to new pimples.

Thanks again for posting your query here. Hope I have answered your query.
Please accept the answer and close the discussion if all your queries are answered. Yet let me know if you have any other query.

Dr.Rohit