Used medicated pads to remove toe corn, no pain, pink skin, dark color around corn, soaking feet and using pumice stone

Question
Hi Doc,

My name is AAAAA, and my concern is about my toe corn.

I tried to use medicated pads to remove the corn one month ago, i can see a hard skin has been removed (but not totally flat) and the skin became color pink. I cannot feel any pain at all, but i want to restore to color of the skin as it it still very obvious. Also, there is dark color around the corn.

I used to soaked my feet every weekend and use pumice stone but nothings change. It is still color pink.

I'm 32 years old, female.

Thank you.
Posted Sat, 7 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 45 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

The color of skin is pink because it is new.

As the skin around the corn is thick, it is darker in color.

Slowly the color will become normal.

If the hard part of corn is removed, there is no need to use pumice stone over it. If you will rub these with pumice stone regularly, it will take more time to become normal in color.

Corn is formed due to pressure on these points. If you will not remove cause, corns may develop again.

It seems that your foot wear is causing pressure on these points. You have to change your foot wears and should check that new foot-wear is not causing any pressure over these points.

Generally it is better to have many pairs of foot wear and use sometimes this and other time different to prevent formation of corn.

If you have further query in this regard, please feel free to ask.

With good wishes,

Follow-up: Used medicated pads to remove toe corn, no pain, pink skin, dark color around corn, soaking feet and using pumice stone 28 minutes later
Thank you for your response Doc.

I just bought a new shoes yesterday and maybe it will help.

Yes Doc, yesterday i have to scrub the corn again as i can feel hard skin again. The photo i showed you is after the pumice stone scrubbing.

The dark circle around the corn doesnt seem to be thick.

Im applying vaseline with aloe vera flavor every morning and night. Is that ok?

Also do i need to stop using pumice stone now?

Please advise. Thanks.

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 21 minutes later

Welcome again,

Please keep two to three pairs of new shoes, and put these off as soon as these are no more required.

Just prevent pressure on these points, hard skin will not form again.

Dark skin around, will get removed in a couple of days.

You can apply vaseline. It's ok.

If skin over these points is not thick, avoid use of pumice stone on these points.
These will become normal just by preventing pressure on these points.

With good wishes,

Follow-up: Used medicated pads to remove toe corn, no pain, pink skin, dark color around corn, soaking feet and using pumice stone 43 minutes later
Doc,

The dark circle appread after the corn removal using medicated pads.

Its 1 month already and it is still dark.

The small toe on the photo, looks like there is still corn remaining, but the skin is color pink already.

Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 1 hour later

Welcome again,

It may take some time but, old skin will be replaced by new and dark circle will disappear.

You just manage to avoid pressure on these points, and these will subside in due course of time. You please try to keep your feet without shoes, whenever possible.

With good wishes,