Used crystal method before surgery. What are the complications?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have surgey on Monday and I used crystal method three days ago will I die in surgey cause of this?
Posted Sat, 27 Oct 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Using crystal meth before any major surgical procedure is not advisable.
It causes inflammation of the mucosa of bronchus which can lead to spasm during anesthesia and your oxygen levels can fall during surgery - which in turn can lead to major Cardiorespiratory issues. It can also show interactions with the medicines used during and after the surgery.
Since you smoked three days ago, most of the drug would have left your body. So, there is nothing much to worry but you should be careful in future.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.