Used cream for external hemorrhoid and started bleeding. Feeling dizzy. Should I consult a doctor?

Hi I'm fairly certain I have what is an external hemorrhoid. it developed about 3 days ago and i have been using topical creams on it. I believe it recently burst or appears raw and is bleeding fairly profusely for the past 4 hours. It is basically dripping constantly. I think there is also an XXXXXXX one but not sure if that is bleeding. Feeling slightly dizzy. Wondering if I should go to a hospital now or wait until the morning to see a regular doctor? It is 1030pm here... Thanks!
Posted Mon, 25 Feb 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 36 hours later
Hi and thanks for contacting healthcaremagic
First of all sorrry for the delay inview of technical problems
Bleeding external hemorrhoids is a common problem and it usually settles out in a day or two. Hemorrhoids are dilated vessels which develop due to straining or loss of supporting fat tissue.
If it is too profuse or disturbing you should contact a surgeon. Otherwise use stool softeners and sitz bath. Soft stools with no straining reduce the risk of bleeding and sitz bath soothens the area. You could also apply some hemorrhoidal creams.