Use Linzess for IBM. Can I stool softener like Dulcolax with normal dose of Linzess?

I use Linzess for IBM. It hasn't worked for three days. Can I use a stool softener, like Dulcolax, with my normal dose of Linzess?
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
the combination can be used

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Yes you can add ducolax to the linzess for a short period of time.

The two medications have minor interactions with each other. Minor reactions are classified as those that do not cause any harm or require a change in medications.

You use this combination for a few days to see if it has an effect on your bowel movement.

Remember it is important to use at least 8 glasses of water as well as foods high in fiber.

If there is no improvement then you may want to consult your GP or gastroenterologist for assessment and advice.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any additional questions