Ask a Urologist   »  

Urine test,specific gravity 1.02,leucocytes 2+,pus cells 15-20 hpf,mucus cells,epithelial cells positive. Medicines to be taken?

Question
This is the result of my urine test specific gravity 1.020, ph 6.0 , leucocytes 2+ , pus cells 15-20/hpf , rbc 1-4/hpf , epithelial cells + ,mucus threads 2+ what medicine should I take
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX

Your urine report shows that you have got a urinary infection. It is a bacterial infection.

Treatment will require prescription medicines such as ciprofloxacin or ofloxacin. Please consult a
physician who can prescribe you these drugs. In addition, you can take urinary alkalizer liquids
available at a pharmacy. You should also take plenty of water and juices.

Hope I have answered your query. I am available for any follow-up queries.

With regards,

Follow-up: Urine test,specific gravity 1.02,leucocytes 2+,pus cells 15-20 hpf,mucus cells,epithelial cells positive. Medicines to be taken? 6 hours later
How many dosage should I take and how many times a day and how many days should I take the medicine

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 9 hours later

As I advised you, you need to consult a physician who can prescribe you ciproflox/oflox along with
dose, frequency and duration. These are prescription medicines, so I cannot advise you the
dosage and frequency without physically examining you.

With regards.