Urine getting darker each day. Diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer and blood in stool. Any suggestion?

Jul 2012

I'm seeing my urine get darker each day. It looks rust color. I've started drinking really dark tea, and less water. Then again, 6 1/2 years ago I was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer, and the warning sign was blood in my stool, so I'm kind of spooked. I'm also on some new meds, lots of variables. What do you think?
Posted Tue, 9 Oct 2012 in Colon Cancer
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 8 minutes later
Hi there.
Relax. Empathise & understsnd your concern given past H/o colon cancer. The same would apply to Ex-husbands ;-)
On a serious note, please go ahead to a nearby laboratory & give a urine sample for a routine examination. More likely than not, it has to do with your dark tea /tannin habitus & also may be related to one of the numerous meds you may be taking. No need to panic. A simple basic urine analysis will clear the air!
Do feel free to post the results here & hope this allays any anxiety you may have felt ;-)
Cheers & Wish you Good Health & a long life!!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD