Urine analysis showed plenty pus cells. How to proceed next?

i sir iam 33 year old male my urine analysis test report was colour-pale yellow,apprearance-slightly tubid,sp.gravity-1.015,ph-6.5 albumin-abs,sugar-trace,ketonebodies-abs,bilesalts-abs,bilepigment-abs,urobilinogen-narmal, epithelial cells-1-2/hpf,puscells-plenty/hpf,RBCs-accasianal/hpf,casts&crystals-abs please privide me your suggetion for next proceed sir
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 8 hours later
It would have been useful for us to know why you had this urine analysis done. The fact that there are plenty of pus cells is suggestive of an active inflammation, and this could be due to an infection or stones or recent instrumentation.
Have you any difficulty in voiding urine?
Have you noticed any increase in frequency of voiding urine?
Do you feel like rushing to the toilet to pass urine?
Is there pain while voiding?
Any fever?
Any pain in lower abdomen or loins?
Any change in colour?e.g. reddish or yellowish
I suggest that you have an USG examination of your kidneys and bladder regions with a full bladder and after you have emptied urine to find out how much of urine is residue in the bladder. I would also suggest that you have a complete blood picture , a urine culture and sensitivity test done, and a blood sugar and serum Creatinine estimation.
Hope I have been of assistance to you.