Ask a Urologist   »  

Urine analysis showed RBC 135u. What are the complication?

Hi i have RBC found in urine but this time is around 135u does it consider alot? I am worried about is there any life threatening issues? Will consult a specialist next week. I have found RBC in urine 6 years ago and it was only 25-30u, i am a
female, 37, mother of two, non-smoker, asian
Posted Wed, 19 Dec 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
Urine analysis may be either dipstick or microscopy.
The value mentioned is detected by dipstick and needs to be quantified by doing a microscopy to look for RBC in urine.
If the RBC in urine is less than 3 in number, there is no need to worry, unless you are symptomatic.
If microscopy is not done, it is wise to do and decide further the further course of action.
Please let me know the microscopy result and the normal value of the test done already ( normal values are usually mentioned in brackets)

Best Regards
Follow-up: Urine analysis showed RBC 135u. What are the complication? 8 hours later
Hi dr the follow up urine analysis showed I had 3+ in rbc is that worrying?
But that was back in August. I don't have much symptoms.
Could that be period blood?
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 8 hours later
Welcome back.

If the urine was taken during the periods time, then it may not be serious.
Otherwise, it is better to get an analysis done electively during the non-periods time for reassurance.

Wishing you good health,