Ask a Urologist   »  

Urine analysis done. What does the report suggest? Is there any problem?

Hi Dr.

I massive questions for you and i want to get a second opinion... can you please tell me labs results? Urine Creatinine,24hr total volume 910 urine creatinine 24/hr conc., random 178.89mg/dl urine creat 24/hr 1.63g, urine sodium 24hr total 910, urine/24hr total protein 64mg urine uric acid, 24hr, 155* low, citric acid/24hr volume total 910. urine calcium, 24hr 314* high, Oxalic acid ,24hr total volume 1400 but urine creatinine *3.71 high, renal function panel: glucose 80, sodium 144, potassium 4.7, chloride 104, total co2 content 25, anion gap 19, blood urea nitrogen 11, osmolality calculated 285, creatinine0.70 but 4 days ago creatinine when up by one point?,albumin 4.7, phosphorous 4.1, egfr>60, color light yellow, clarity,UA clear, ph(UA) 0.8* high, blood,(UA) 150(A), urobilinogen,UA negative, leukocytes,UA 25(A), rbc too numerous too count, wbc 5-10hpf, casts, negative, and crystals negative, bacteria,(UA) trace, Epithelial Cellshpf 10-25* high? Please tell me what everything is ? Thank you for your time...
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Prasad 4 hours later

I went through the details submitted with diligence. The reference standards of various tests vary at different laboratories. Hence I would be able to analyse the reports better if you could specify the reference ranges for the test done.

I wish you could scan the report and upload it here using the option available on this page.

I will be happy to analyse and comment on the report. Please also specify the reasons why the test were done - Is it part of health check up or did you have any symptoms which prompted your doctor to write these tests?

Awaiting your reply