Upper abdominal pain and feeling bloating. CAT scan showed constipation. What to do?

Excellent

Gastroenterologist
Question
Dull ache upper right ab bloated feeling ,feels like pins being stuck from with in randomly all over had cat scan and blood work normal cat scan showed constipation scheduled for colonoscopy
Posted Sat, 5 Jan 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 20 minutes later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

Dull ache in the right upper quadrant could be due to peptic ulcer disease, gallbladder disease or liver disease. Since CT scan of the abdomen did not show a diseased gallbladder or a diseased liver and since you have a bloated feeling also, I would suggest an upper GI endoscopy be done to rule out peptic ulcer disease.
Check your blood glucose level also to rule out diabetes which can cause gastroparesis with symptoms like abdominal bloating.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Upper abdominal pain and feeling bloating. CAT scan showed constipation. What to do? 26 minutes later
What would cause needle like sensations being push from under the skin to appear randomly all over with no rash thanks

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 9 hours later
Hi.
Needle like sensations usually occurs due to nerve pain.
Check your blood glucose level to rule out diabetes.
I hope that answers your question.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Upper abdominal pain and feeling bloating. CAT scan showed constipation. What to do? 11 hours later
Glucose was fine the stabbing pin like sensations rotate all over body one area at a time sometimes it's followed by a warming sensation thanks hcm2870

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 12 hours later
As I have mentioned earlier, it is due to involvement of nerves ( neuropathy).
Diabetes is just one cause of neuropathy. Other causes should be looked in to in your case.
You need a complete neurological examination.
Consult your doctor for this.
I hope that answers your question.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini