Unprotected sex without ejaculation, masturbation and urination immediate after sex. Risk of HIV?

General Surgeon
Question
I had an unprotected sex with a women yesterday, its was once only and I did not inject semen for some reason. Now I am thinking about chances of catching HIV virus due to this sex if women had HIV.Please tell me how much is the possibility.
FYI, I did masturbate and urinate immediately after this encounter.
age-28, height- 5'6 weight 66, I have not had any big health problem till date
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 18 minutes later
Hello.
Thanks for nice query.     

Chances of getting HIV infection after unprotected sex do always exist if the women is HIV positive.

So many factors do play role like abrasion on both partners private parts.

It hardly matter whether you ejaculate inside her or not.

Masturbation and urination immediately after unprotected sex only reduce chances of HIV transmission, but doesn't eliminate it.

Now best option for you to get assured is to get her ELISA and Western blot test done.

If she is negative for ELISA and Western blot test, you have almost negligible chance of getting HIV infection.

Other wise you can go for your own test repeatedly as HIV Virus has very long incubation period from 3 weeks to many months.

Hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Regards.

Follow-up: Unprotected sex without ejaculation, masturbation and urination immediate after sex. Risk of HIV? 1 hour later
Thanks for nice and informative reply, But I am seeking information for my possibilities since I do not have contact with her so ELISA and blot test is not an option for me, in case of my own test I should go for a test after 3 months or is there any definite month period test that can make me sure that there is no HIV possibility exist for me due to this case. Thanks again for your quick reply.

Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 2 hours later
Hello again,

Thank you for the follow-up.

As you don`t have her contact, only option for you is to get your ELISA and Western blot test done.

No specific period or month can be given as incubation period of HIV is very variable from 3 weeks to many months ..

But you must go for test once after 3 weeks & then after 3 months, negativity of that will give you reasonably good assurance ( not 100%) of not being infected with HIV.

Another option would be to go for PCR (Polymerase chain reaction) for HIV RNA(Genetic material of the virus). It is one of the earliest tests to be positive, You can go for this test as early as 3 to 10 days post exposure.

Hope I have answered your query. I'll be available for follow-up.

Please accept my answer if you do not have any more queries.

“Wish you Good Health".

Regards.