Unprotected sex with stranger,rashes on penis

Question
I had sex with unknown woman 5 days back. after sex I observed the condome was damaged. now I observed rashes on my pennis. please suggest me what medication should i take please suggest me drugs and dosage
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX

The description of the rash is inadequate to make a proper diagnosis.

In case you have any burning pain, purulent discharge in the penis, then it could be bacterial infections like gonorrhea, or chamydia, and you might need to undergo tests to confirm that. Once confirmed, antibiotics specific to the infection caused can be provided by a doctors prescription.

In case of absence of such symptoms, described above, but presence of just redness, it could be due to inflammation, and taking Ibuprofen can help to reduce it for the time being, until tests are done and proper antibiotics are prescribed.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION : -

Sexual Infections such as HIV, hepatitis B, Herpes etc occur by the transfer of blood, semen, vaginal fluid, pre-ejaculate during a unprotected sexual encounter.

It is important to understand that there is no such thing as 100% safe sex, although the use of latex barriers such as condoms in conjunction with a spermicide can make sexual activity safer (in other words, reduce, not entirely eliminate the risk).

The only way to ensure that HIV is not transmitted sexually is either having relations with committed partners, non-promiscuous partners with known HIV negative status, or by not being sexually active (abstinence).

You might consider to get tested for HIV and other STDs after consultation with your doctor who can provide reassurance and also can clear all your doubts that you may have.

Until then avoiding sexual activity might help spread of infection. You might in future consider to follow safe sex and use protective measures.

Hope I have answered your query.

If you have any more queries, I will be available to answer them as well.

Follow-up: Unprotected sex with stranger,rashes on penis 7 hours later
dear doctor, I do not have any pain and fluids comming from my pennis. I just had red spots on my peenis. I have done the blood test for VDRL, and tri-dot test for HIV and HBS Ag (ELISA) and all the 3 test came for negative state. I thought it could be fungal infection. hence I request you to suggest me antifucgal cream and any antibiotic (oral) to take with dosate please inform me.

Hello XXXXXXX

Thanks for the additional information.

Fungal infections do not present with red spots. They present with whitish discharge and severe itching. Since you do not have them, antifungal cream is not needed in your case.

Red spots on the penis just after 5 days in your case, could be due to bacterial infection. You can apply Neosporin cream , a OTC antibiotic, which can reduce the infection.

In case, that does not help, you might consider getting a physical examination by a doctor in person, and this will help in proper diagnosis and specific treatment can be started.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Unprotected sex with stranger,rashes on penis 45 hours later
dear doctor thank your for your advice. shall I go for HIV test (RNA-PCR and HSB-Ag - IG G and IG M) test for safety. is it required for this. As they are costlier, I am asking the necessity of the above 2 tests for AIDS and Hept-B

Hello XXXXXXX

Before tests can be done, it has to be assessed, that was the exposure - a high risk one or that of a low risk.

The risk of HIV infection is high with unprotected intercourse with partner of unknown HIV status, risky sexual behavior, multiple sexual partners, IV drug use, and association with other STDs.

In your case, if the woman was a sex worker, then you might undergo the following tests as adviced below: -

1. HIV 1 & 2 ELISA + P24 combo test - 4 weeks after the exposure.
and
2. HBsAg TEST - can be done after 3 months after exposure

The duration of time has to be allowed so that, the need for repeated testing can be avoided.

In case, both the tests are negative, when done at the suggested intervals - then you can relax and be glad.

I hope your doubts have been cleared.

Wish you a good health.