Unprotected sex, taking Ortho-Cyclen regularly. Chances of pregnancy?

I had sex 3 times within the last week and a half and one of those times he didnt use a condom during sex but i have been on ortho cyclen for about 7 yrs now and take it regulary and i havent missed any pills . what are the chances that i would get pregnant from that one time we didnt use a condom? the unprotected sex besides me using the pill took place on this past saturday can i take a pregnancy test now or is it to early to detect
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 33 minutes later

Since you are taking ortho cyclen regularly without missing even a single pill, you are protected against pregnancy. The chances of pregnancy now are unlikely.

You need not take a urine for pregnancy test. Just wait for your periods during the pill free seven days.

If there is no bleeding during those seven days then you may take urine pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy before starting the next pack.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: Unprotected sex, taking Ortho-Cyclen regularly. Chances of pregnancy? 14 hours later
thanks for that first answer that puts my mind at ease a little bit but,
i have some abd tenderness, it doesnt seem like anything major like i may have had it before, it just feels like what i believe are just be my nerves and the soreness from having sex, and possibly pre-men cramps. can i assume that is what it is, since the chances of me being pregnant are unlikely. and because i was so nervous/anxious yesterday i went to the dollarstore and purchased a pregnancy test just to calm myself and took it even though u suggested i didnt need to. it was negative, but i didnt use the first urine of the am.
also along with the previous questions, they are related. so my friend was born with a genital birth defect and he didnt fully develop and they had to perform some type of surgery as a child. and his pensis has a lot of scares and deformaties still, and im very concerned with them and how it looks, from what i've researched he doesnt have the muscle/bone strength and has 2 holes, and doesnt appear to be bigger than 2.5", is it possible he has an std too are the chances of him giving me an std higher ? he says he is clean. im just being concerned. we used condoms but i still want to have a drs advice, also i had slept with him a few days after i had the unprotected sex with my partner that im worried about getting pregnant by.

this question is probably the reason i have the abd tenderness and all the nerves that are making me over-react with everything.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 10 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
The mild pain in the abdomen you are having is more likely to be due to anxiety or premenstrual syndrome rather than pregnancy or an STD. Having physical malformation in the penis does not predispose anyone for having STDs. The congenital malformations are a common occurrence and these are corrected surgically. The function returns almost to normal.
You can get an STD only if your partner is infected.
Wishing you an early recovery.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Unprotected sex, taking Ortho-Cyclen regularly. Chances of pregnancy? 43 hours later
i still have some anxiety with everything and im not trying to let it get to me cuz i know that can delay my period. but im still a few days away from the beginning of my cycle and i have increased lower back pain and pressure in my bladder/lower stomach im guessing its just pre-menstrual cramps and symptoms. would you say they same?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Your symptoms could be due to anxiety or premenstrual syndrome. There is nothing to worry.You can take a mild pain killer like acetaminophen.