Unprotected sex, negative test, advised re-test after six months. Reason?

I have a negative XXXXXXX test 11 weeks and 2 days after exposure with
person who I dont know his status. Is this conclusive?. I know that is
conclusive at 12 weeks, but can change the results in 5 days?. I was with
my infectology and she told me that everything its all right. Do I need
another test at 12 weeks. My exposure was vaginal sex with a boy circumcised 2 times in a night, he didn't ejaculated. My doctor told me I need re-test at 6 month, but, is true that is really rare if my result change?

Thank you doc.
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 13 hours later

I went through the history

I could only assure u that so far the tests show negative results.
It is very rare to have sero conversion after 11 weeks eventhough we talk about the window period as twelve weeks.
To be more safer I suggest that u may undergo another test after two weeks which I am sure that it is going to be negative,there is no need to repeat after another three months.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.