Unprotected hand-job, no sex involved. Have muscle ache, sore throat. HIV risk?

Dermatologist
Question
Three weeks back I had a sensuous massage with some oil and followed by an unprotected handjob from a massuse of unknown status.There was no vaginal,anal or oral sex involved.Since then I have lot of anxiety and have sometimes muscle ache and having little sore throat.Is there any HIV risk involved? Does this warrant atesting in due course of time?Does worrying and anxiety cause such symptoms?
Posted Sun, 2 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 51 minutes later

Thanks for writing.

Before going to your query I would like to share that HIV transmission is most possible whenever there is a trauma involved. Any act where chances of trauma/injury is high, the chances of HIV is significant. In your case, you just got massage and hand job, so there are least chance of any trauma and hence insignificant chance of transmission.

Mere Hand job is not mentioned as a route of H..I.V. transmission; so you need not to be worry much.

All your symptoms are most likely due to anxiety. You can consider using mild tranquilizers if needed to take care of your symptoms. As such there is very, very negligible chance of transmission through massage, oils, etc. Transmission is not possible even if you ejaculated.

So you need not do the test H.I.V. Stay relaxed.

I hope this answers your query. If you have any concerns I will be glad to help.