Underwent TMT , detected with borderline reversible myocardial Ischemia. Reasons ?

Question
My wife has underwent TMT and has been detcted with borderline revresible myocardial Ischemia. Can you please know the reason for the same. She is just 34 years old with not other ailment. However her parents were having CVD. Could you please advice the next step? Is this a point of worry? Is there any medicine required to treat this or just physical exercise can treat her the cuase. In case medicine is required, has she to take for life long?

Thanks
Posted Sat, 30 Jun 2012 in Congenital Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 35 minutes later

Hello XXXXXXX
 thanks for the query.
Border line reversible cardiac ischemia on a stress test means that the blood supply to the heart gets reduced whenever heart is put on some physical or mental strain.
Before going ahead further,I would like to have certain additional informations from you,so that I can reply better to your query.

Besides stress test what other tests have been done?
Has she been investigated for diabetes,hypothyroidism or anemia?
Is her blood pressure Normal?
Any lipid profile done?
Is she suffering from any anxiety or mental stress?
Is she overweight?
Does she use any tobacco or alcohol?
Is she taking any medication currently?

Waiting for your reply.
Thanks

Follow-up: Underwent TMT , detected with borderline reversible myocardial Ischemia. Reasons ? 46 minutes later
Thanks Dr.

The response to your query is provided below:

Besides stress test what other tests have been done? - Yes . she had executive health check up done Escort hospital...like Blood test including, lipid profile, diabetic test, etc... the results of all these are normal
Has she been investigated for diabetes,hypothyroidism or anemia? - No
Is her blood pressure Normal? - Yes
Any lipid profile done? - Yes, the result is fine
Is she suffering from any anxiety or mental stress? - sort of..She is very agressive and short tempered leady...so for small small things she gets angry
Is she overweight? - no ..49 KG with height of 5 feet 3 inch
Does she use any tobacco or alcohol? - no
Is she taking any medication currently? - no

Hope I have been able to asnwer your queries. Look forward to your response soon.

Thanks in advance!

MK

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello
Get her investigated for hypothyroidism and anemia and if there is some discrepancy in that,it should be corrected.
Since her other tests are normal,it means she does not require any medication.
The things to be done now in light of her parents having CVD and her borderline reversible ischemia are
Regular exercises
More consumption of XXXXXXX vegetables and fruits
Keeping her BP and weight in check.
Do yoga and XXXXXXX breathing exercises to keep stress away.
Take a low dose aspirin regularly

Do consult a cardiologist for any other possible investigation
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks

Follow-up: Underwent TMT , detected with borderline reversible myocardial Ischemia. Reasons ? 1 hour later
Thank You doctor!

Does that hypothyroidism or/and anemia lead to this condition? Her hemoglobin is 13.7 however RBC count is 4.95 slightly above normal range of 4.8.

Regards XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 hours later
Hello
Hyperthyroidism and anemia may not exactly cause it but may tend to exacerbate it.
If these deficiencies are found,they should be corrected.
Thanks