Undergone follicular study. What is the egg size to be associated with a successful ovulation?

Hello doctor. I had undergone follicle study to track ovulation. There were 2 eggs, one of 18*16 and another of 30*26. I has given HCG 500 and both the eggs ruptured on day 15. Do you think the egg size was appropriate for conception to take place at 18mm or 30mm.
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 39 minutes later

The egg size of 18mm x 16mm is more likely to be associated with a successful ovulation. However the follicle size of 30MM is considered as an overgrown follicle and is not likely to release a healthy egg.

Since both the follicles have ruptured successfully after inj. HCG, the chances of conception are fair. You need to have planned relations for the next two days after the follicle has ruptured.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.