Undergone IUI. Taking susten. Having white discharge, back pain and excess saliva in mouth. Cause?

my wife has undergone iui on 25/04/2013. then as per doctor's prescription she has been continuing taking susten vt 200mg vaginal insert. After 9th day white milky vaginal discharge starts with severe backpain & lower abdominal pain, with excessive formation of saliva on mouth. What do these mean ?
Posted Fri, 31 May 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 14 minutes later

Thanks for the query. Susten contains Micronised progesterone, which is a PREGNANCY HORMONE, the tablet comes in cream color, hence most of the ladies complain of milky vaginal discharge, which is not a issue to worry. Other side effects of progesterone are nausea, bloating, breast tenderness, headache, change in vaginal discharge, mood swings, blurred vision, dizziness, or drowsiness may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, notify your doctor.

The reason for back pain and lower abdominal pain can be answered if you kindly give me following information:

1) What was your wife's LMP?
2) Is she having primary infertility or she had any issues before?
3) What were the medications given for Ovulation?
4) How many times was IUI previously done?

Hope I answered your question. Kindly reply me. I will be very happy to help you.

Dr Arif

You can consult me again directly through my profile