Undergoing physiotherapy and hydrotherapy for lumbar spondylosis. Could I resume back to work?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have just been diognosed with lumbar spondylosis. I am undergoing physio and hydratherapy with medication for pain. My usual job is resort cleaning. I am 56 years old. I have been off work for 1 month now and hoping to return to work in the next week. Is it possible I can resume the same job or would I be risking more damage? I have tried to find other work but unsuccessful due to my age. Thankyou XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: Avoid forward bending. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. In case of lumbar spondylosis, it is best to avoid forward bending and lifting heavy loads. If your work involves bending forwards many times a day then you should seriously consider changing your job. A sitting job is a better option for you. Once the acute pain subsides with the help of medicines, you can start with regular physiotherapy to avoid further progression of the problem. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal.