Uncomfortable after eating and feels like food is coming up. What could be causing this?

I swallowed too much ground XXXXXXX meat loaf and macaroni and cheese at once 4 days ago. After I swallow food ever since this happened it feels uncomfortable after I swallow and it feels like the food wants to come up. I was rushing my lunch down at work. When I came home I drank some wine in the evening and it burned. It hurts a little above my stomach after I swallow ever since I forced the food down without chewing it properly. Oh boy it seems like its not as uncomfortable as it was but it has been 4 days since this happened.
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Possible injury; will recover soon

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to u.

Based on the description provided it seems as though the action of forcing food down has put pressurr on either the sphincter or the walls of your oesophagus/food pipe, causing mild injury to it. In most cases this injury recovers on its own, and you could accelerate the same by drinking cold water and going on a liquid diet for a while.

Avoid spicy, fried food and stick to bland food. Avoid alcohol, smoking, hot liquids and food, and all other items that can cause irritation. I hope this helps and you get back to normal soon, for the time being please do be patient and keep me informed on any changes sir. Please also feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help.

Best wishes.
Follow-up: Uncomfortable after eating and feels like food is coming up. What could be causing this? 32 hours later
Thanks for your recommendations i followed your instructions i am feeling better and will continue on the liquid diet until i feel ready for solid food. Thanks Doc!
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It was completely my pleasure

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am.

That is great news. It was my pleasure entirely. Wishing you a speedy recovery and a healthy life thereafter.

God bless.