Uncircumcised penis,foul smell

my husband is not circumcised and he all ways have a foul fishy oder on him is it safe to have sex with out a condem
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 33 minutes later

Normal semen has a chlorine like smell. If there is any bad or foul odor that is emitted from the semen or there is any change in the consistency or color of semen then it indicates infection. This infection can be due to Urethritis, Prostatitis, Balanitis (infection of the foreskin) or Epidiymitis ( less likely if there is no redness or inflammation of testicles).

You should consult your primary care doctor and get a culture swab of the urethral discharge and semen done to rule out any infection. Till that time, ask your husband to retract the foreskin daily and soak in warm water and clean penis and foreskin. Wear cotton undergarments and use as mild soap like Cetaphil for cleaning the penis.

You can use a condom till the culture swab report of urethral discharge and semen comes in and he is properly treated so that you do not contract the infection yourself.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.