Unable to sleep while weaning off tramadol. Can tylenol be taken?
User rating for this question
I am weaning off tramadol. taking 25mg ..... having trouble sleeping from pain tonite. Can I take one 500mg tylenol?
Posted Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes, you can take it Detailed Answer: Hello, I am sorry about your pain. Yes, you can take Tylenol 500mg for pain as and when required. It is better than tramadol in terms of the side effects profile. Meanwhile, you can wean off Tramadol as well. At your age, Tylenol is the best pain killer medicine. Wish you complete recovery at the earliest. Regards,
Follow-up: Unable to sleep while weaning off tramadol. Can tylenol be taken? 28 minutes later
thank you for the answer. I agree with the comment about tylenol ... " at my age " ... too bad it doesn't work well enough to allow me to walk and exercise as I should be doing. the doctor's answer was exactly what I thought it would be ... and she was very kind in her sympathy. Much appreciated.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: You need to take appropriate medicines Detailed Answer: Hello, Yes, Tylenol is best for your age. However, you can alternate between Tramadol and Tylenol depending on the severity of the pain. I am sorry about the difficulty it is causing in daily activities. However, try to do as little physical activity as you can. Light physical activity helps in bone regeneration as well. Take good care of yourself. Regards,
Other Questions to read
- Having pain in chest. Feel lump when palpitate. Pain while breathing, sneezing and coughing. Suggestions?
- Was diagnosed with malignant melanoma pathological stage T1a. What is it?
- Diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Tired gaining weight, have blisters on hands and forehead. Have chronic UTI. What can be done?
- Have neck and shoulder pain. Get dizzy and lightheaded feeling. Feel pain in temples. What to do?
- Have been taking amitriptylinr. Have had really bad itching. Side effects?