Unable to gain weight. Kindly suggest medicines to gain weight quickly

Dear sir,

I am 30 years Male Unmarried. The problem is i am unable to gain weight. My height is 5feet 10 inches but weight is only 53. Kindly suggest something for fast weight gain

Also suggest some good medicines for over all health and immunity.
Posted Sat, 29 Sep 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 2 hours later

To gain weight you need increase your calorie intake by choosing foods that are higher in calories.You can either increase the number of meals or the amount that you use in each meals.
It is best to choose foods that have alot of calories in a small amounts instead of using junk foods.
Some foods that may help with weight gain include:nuts, seeds,olives, legumes (beans,peas,lentils,soybeans), fruit juice, pasta and dried fruits.
You can also increase your intake of dairy products (there are milks that are use specifically to increase weight like ensure milk products) and meats.
You can add a extra calories to your vegetables by added butter, cheese, olive oil,sauces.
You can use sandwiches with peanut butter and other nut butters or use meats and add extra calores with cheese or avocado.

You can use a protein supplement to help with the weight gain- you can use a whey protein supplement to assist with your weight gain efforts- speak to you local pharmacist to find out which ones are available in your area
In addition you can use a multivitamin for general well being- some examples of multivitamins would be centrum, seven seas multivitamin-

I hope this information is helpful, I wish you the best, feel free to ask any other questions