Unable to breathe after inhaling fumes from household cleaners. What should I do?

my friend mixed some household cleaners together and the fumes made her start not being able to catch her breath what do I give her
Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take her to ER immediately

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read your query in detail.

If she is unconscious, check that nothing is obstructing the airway, that the casualty is breathing and that there is a carotid pulse.
If your friend is conscious, move her into a comfortable sitting position.
Loosen any tight clothing.
Dial emergency services and rush her to emergency room. All victims of suffocation, even if they are conscious and fully coherent, should get medical attention.

Hope your friend is fine soon.
Do write back in case of doubts.

Dr.A.Rao Kavoor