Ultrasound showed tumor previously, now showing fluid in tube. Is this related to tumor?

Hi my name is XXXXXX and I was just inquiring I had an ultrasound in may just for a check up and they found a tumor 3cm by 4cm but went back last week and the tumor has gone but now they tell me I have fluid in my tube could that be related to this tumor? they have booked me into have a laparoscopy but am concerned about fertility if i lose my tube I do have2 kids already but your input would be appreciated thanks so much XXXXXX.
Posted Tue, 4 Sep 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 minutes later
A tumor of size 3cm x 4cm in the pelvis is likely to be an ovarian cyst which has now disappeared. The other possibility is of hydrosalpinx due to blocked tubes. Since you already have two children, even if your one tube is damaged or blocked, even then you can conceive and have children from the other tube.
Laproscopy will help in the proper diagnosis. Please do not worry.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Ultrasound showed tumor previously, now showing fluid in tube. Is this related to tumor? 21 minutes later
Thank you for you help I also forgot to put that the tumor was on my left ovary they have told me it only looks like there is fluid in one tube i hope there right as i would hate to lose both tubes can they repair a tube with fluid in it as I've had no pain and am in shock that they have picked this problem up thanks XXXXXX.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
There is a possibilty of repairing the tube in case the collection of fluid is not due to a chronic infection and there are not much adhesions in the area.
Please do not worry and let them decide the best for you during the laparoscopy.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.