Ultra sound done showed enlarged kidneys. Have lower back pain and diarrhoea. Advise?

I had a ultra sound done and my two kidneys are inlarged, I have lower back pain and dirreah, what is wrong with me?
Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 53 minutes later

Kidneys can be enlarged in diabetes, interstitial nephritis and urine tract infection with pylonephritis. these can present with diarrhea and low back pain. Also gynecological infection and intestinal infection can present similarly.

Best way to differentiate is detailed clinical examination and investigations in the form of Urine routine examination and blood test for Serum Creatinine and Hemogram.

If you have any reports please forward.

Please contact your treating doctor immediately to narrow down these possibilities and get the correct treatment.

Hope this helps .
Please inform is any more questions.