Type 2 diabetes. Having hip, back problems and walking with a crutch. Suggest exercises to lose weight?

I have type 2 diabetes.I am 5 ft 3 in. and weigh 210 lbs.I have hip and back problems and walk with a crutch.What exercise can I do that will help me get weight off ?
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Upper body exercises

Detailed Answer:
Learn how to utilize your upper body for exercise. Physical or Occupational Therapists will be able to train you in this.

However, first see you doctor. Before you begin an exercise routine, your health care team needs to check your heart, eyes, kidneys, feet, and nervous system to make sure you are healthy enough for physical activity.