Type 2 Diabetic. Taking Glynase MF. Got fast heart beat and high BP. How to control it?

I am type 2 Diabetic since 2 years and on Glynase MF tabs. Recently started observing my heart beat go faster, got a BP machine, and found BP on the high side, 140/90 average, for the past few days, have observed slight pain around chest, how do I control BP and is it because of side reation of glynase MF etc., Do let me know if I can present any further data.
Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Chronically uncontrolled diabetes affect all the major organs of body from skin to heart to kidney.studies say that people suffering from diabetes are twice likely to have heart problem as compared to non diabetics.
Uncontrolled diabetes results in plaque formation in the arteries which supply blood and nutrients to heart and this condition is called as atherosclerosis.
Keeping your blood sugar levels and blood pressure under control,eating healthy and doing regualepr exercises are required to keep yourself fit.
Since your BP is slightly high and you are having chest pains,you must consult a cardiologist and get yourself investigated by getting required investigations like ECG,ECHO and TMT and if required,a angiogram also.
In case you want to ask any thing else you are most welcome to send any other query or any data.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Type 2 Diabetic. Taking Glynase MF. Got fast heart beat and high BP. How to control it? 7 hours later
Thanks for the response Doctor. I am surely going to get the tests done. Please let me know what should be done naturally to avoid plaque formation in arteries, I would also be sharing the reports as suggested, but it might be more than 2 days, but will request your inputs do be doubly sure. Thank You.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 15 minutes later
Hello XXXX,
To avoid plaque formations,you must keep your diabetes under meticulous control.
If diabetes remain uncontrolled,no matter what other precautions you take,it will all go waste.
Apart from this you should keep your blood pressure below 120/80 and your lipid profile must be immaculate.
Your LDL CHOLESTEROL should be below 80 and TRIGLYCERIDES should be below 150.
Eating healthy goes a long way in making your cardiovascular system healty.
Eat more of fresh fruits and green vegetables.
Avoid saturated fats and transfats.
Avoid junk foods and cold drinks.
Quitting of smoking completely and alcohol in moderation.
Apart from medicines and healthy diet,you must do regular aerobic exercises for at least 45 minutes.Try to shed your weight and be in your required range of BMI.