Two bumps above penis area,painful pus filled bump,unprotected sex. Herpes or something else?

Question
I have two bumps above my penis in the area where I shave. I had unprotected sex a little over 3 months ago and one bump has been there for about 2 months and the other just a little under 2 months. The one that has been there for 2 months did have a painful puss filled out break the first time it popped and has come back which leads me to believe it is herpes, the second never has had anything like that but has just stayed there. However, I did not figure this out until this week and in this 2 month time period I had protected sex, had oral sex 3 times and also a handjob and none of my partners have gotten bumps or anything. I also have touched the infected area popping it and it has not spread anywhere so it doesn't seem to be contagious. Is this herpes or something else?
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Mitaly 26 minutes later

STD’s including Herpes, HIV etc usually present with many symptoms chief ones being lump, any discharge, burning sensation in urethra, redness, irritation, ulcer or sore, pain or blood during ejaculation, pain in the genitalia or early flu like symptoms.

I have seen the attached reports and it seems like Herpes but a physical examination and investigation would be helpful in confirmation of the diagnosis. A simple Urinalysis and basic blood counts will determine.

Since you had unprotected intercourse so possibility of sexually transmitted disease is high.The risk of the infection also depends on whether the person with whom you were invlolved was actually infected or not.

I would advise you to visit your Healthcare Provider earliest for evaluation and required investigations so that appropriate treatment can be started soon.

Meanwhile avoid intercourse until cured from all symptoms. We generally advise to treat all the partners in case of STD.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up query.

Follow-up: Two bumps above penis area,painful pus filled bump,unprotected sex. Herpes or something else? 1 hour later
I would like a second opinon please. Can you transfer my question to someone else

Answered by Dr. Mitaly 5 hours later

Your query has been forwarded to another Expert for a second opinion. You will get a reply at the earliest.