Twisted testicle during bowel movement, testicle pain. What could cause this pain?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
A few months ago while moving my bowels i pushed quite hard and my right testicle tensed up and raised and sort of twisted. It came back down after a few minutes but i had pain in my testicle for the next 2 weeks. Now the pain comes back every so often and my testicles dont seem to hang the same way they did before. What could cause this the pain is more in the tube like structure on the top of the testicle if that helps.
Posted Sun, 22 Jul 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
From your description it seems that you had a mild torsion of testis when you pushed for your bowels. It is the spermatic cord which is causing you the pain.
An ultrasonography and color doppler of the scrotum is required to be able to accurately tell the origin of pain and to ascertain the nature of the injury.
Please visit your physician for a detailed examination and necessary investigations so that proper treatment can be initiated.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Twisted testicle during bowel movement, testicle pain. What could cause this pain? 5 minutes later
So basically if that cord got twisted which i do think is what happened it can still hurt months later as a result also how concerned should i be about long term damage considering its going to be months before i can afford to see a urologist the pain is very minimal however with a sensitive area like this it brings the worry up a notch thanks so much for ur help so far
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 22 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
Sometimes it is just a partial torsion and it may persist for months.
Consulting a urologist is the best way to know the extent of damage you have suffered. Without examination and proper investigations, it is difficult to assess the damage.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Follow-up: Twisted testicle during bowel movement, testicle pain. What could cause this pain? 13 hours later
Sorry to bother you again but just one more question. Whats bothering me the most is that since this happened my right testicle seems to want to sit well behind my left one. Not always but most of the time. Is this the same problem or is this a symptom of a torn cremaster
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 8 hours later
There is difference in position of the two testicles physiologically also.
A mild injury to cremastor muscle can be the cause. Physical examination will help in differentiating.