Twinge feeling in the chest without exertion. Any heart problem?

I sometimes get a "twinge" in my left chest, sort of in the crease of my breast. It doesnt happen after exertion but at any time, even at night in bed - I'm scared there's something wrong with my heart.
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prasad 10 hours later

I need more information's about your condition to provide you with an appropriate answer. The following details are necessary
1. Age
2. Duration of your symptoms and how long each episodes last?
3. Any associated symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, breathing difficulty associated with the pain?
4. Do you smoke or drink alcohol?
5. Any past medical illness such as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol levels, previous heart problems?
6. Does the pain increase with breathing, coughing, movements of the arm, bending down and so on?

However based on your description, the likely causes could be
1. Somatic chest pain secondary to anxiety and stress
2. Muscular ache

Heart condition such as unstable angina can mimic your symptoms. It can be diagnosed by cardiac examination, EKG and Stress Test.

Awaiting your reply.

Dr. Prasad