Trying to loose weight. Getting pain under breast and twitching sensation in stomach. Any ideas?

Pathologist and Microbiologist
I have a pain on my left side underneath my left breast it feels like it's in my lung or in that area and then I have random twitches in my stomach but I'm not pregnant I've took several test and I've gained a little weight over the years but I'm trying to lose it and it just seems impossible
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 1 hour later

Lump on your chest wall needs to be investigated.

If athe lump is palpable, a fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) ora biopsy of the lesion needs to be done.
FNAC samples the cells in the swelling. Biopsy involves microscopic examination of the tissue.
These investigations will determine the origin of the lump and character of the lesion.

In case the lump is not palpable but you still feel some heaviness pr lump, a X-ray chest can be done.

If you are any doubt whether you are pregnant you can get the pregnancy tests done.

Weight loss requires a proper regime of balanced diet, exercise, avoided excessive fatty and specific foods.

Consult your doctor for clinical examination and relevant investigations.

If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer.
Dr Shailja P Wahal