Trying to conceiving. Late for period with brown spotting. Pregnancy chances?

Mar 2013
Hey. I am 29 years old and I am trying to get pregnant, my husband and I have had unprotected sex many times. The last few weeks I have had some cramping and my breasts dont hurt but are very squishy and I have never had that. Yesterday I was suppose to start my menstrual and I have only been spotting brown ate first now pink. Could I be pregnant? I took a neg preggo test today.
Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Brief Answer: DIRECTED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query. To rely completely on a pregnancy test, it is better to take it a couple of days after you miss your period. I would ask you to wait for 2 - 3 days. If the spotting develops into full blown period, then you have your answer. If it doesnt, then repeat the test after 2 - 3 days. All the symptoms that you mention , are not very particularly reliable for diagnosing a pregnancy, as they might indicate a period that is about to come also. Take care, and feel free to ask for further clarifications. All the best.