Trying to conceive. Take duphaston 10 mg. Which is the right day to take this pill?

Question
I am trying to conceive, all my test results show normal. My doc asked me to take Duphaston 10 mg twice a day. Seems like she said from day 20 of the cycle, I am not sure though. Which is the right day to take this pill?
Posted Wed, 8 Aug 2012 in Getting Pregnant

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 2 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

You have not mentioned the Disease/purpose for which Duphaston is prescribed to you.

Duphaston 10mg can be given in a continuous or cyclic regimen.

In a cyclic regimen it is generally given from 5th day of menstrual cycle to 25th day.

If you have further query in this regard, please feel free to ask.

With good wishes,

Follow-up: Trying to conceive. Take duphaston 10 mg. Which is the right day to take this pill? 14 hours later
I have not been detected with any disease, I have been trying to conceive for the last 6 months, but in vain. Visited a fertility specialist, were the following tests were advised, tests and results are as follows.

TSH - normal
Prolactin - Normal
Creatinine - Normal
AMH - 3.8

I am still due the FSH test, since I visited the doctor after my period. She asked me to come back during day 2 of my next cycle for the FSH test.

In my prescription she mentioned Duphaston 10mg twice a day and from D20, I read about this pill on the net and am not sure why it was prescribed to me and why did she ask me to take it from the 20th day of cycle (for 10 days), as it says everywhere 5 -25 day of cycle.

The first time I visited her was on the 7th day of my cycle followed on day 14 of my cycle. Is that why she prescribed this for day 20? Why not day 14?

My question is can it be day 20 or am I interpreting incorrectly. Please help.

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 1 hour later

Welcome again,

I will also interprete D20 as 20th day.

For 20 days she should have written it as 20D. Thus you can treat it as 20th day.

FSH is generally tested on 3rd day.

It will be better, if you can start Duphaston after FSH estimation, with consent of your Gynecologist.

With good wishes,