Trying to conceive. Ovulation period was one week ago. Suggest when should I take the home pregnancy test?

We have been trying for a baby since last 2 months. By ovulation period was 1 week ago. When can test the home pregnancy test?
Posted Sat, 21 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Wait for her period...

Detailed Answer:

The results of home pregnancy test is not that reliable when it is done very early. Therefore we do not time the test based on ovulation days. You need to wait for her due period date. If her periods are overdue by more than 5-7 days, that would be the appropriate time to perform home pregnancy test.

Hope this helps. Wish you good luck!!
I'll be glad to help you further if needed.