Trying to conceive. Missing period. Getting pregnancy symptoms. HPT negative. Chances of pregnancy?

I used to have regular periods - 28-30 day cycles until July 2012. (excepting rare months where I had travelled a lot or something like that, my periods will be simply spotting one month but will be regular starting the next). After my periods on 25th July 2012, I spotted for a few days around Oct 8th and then had my period on Nov 7th, 2012. We have been trying to get pregnant, so I was worried and went for a Gynec appt in October. Doctor said it could simply be stress/weight gain and upon my request ordered an ultrasound. Ultrasound revealed that everything was normal. After Nov 7th, my next period was on Dec 17th. Nothing yet this month. We have been actively trying and I took a pregnancy test yesterday - negative. Very disappointed and worried. I am hoping every month that my cycle will get back to normal or I shall get pregnant.. Could you please advise? Also, every month as the time of my expected period comes around, I feel nauseous - no vomiting. I am not sure if this is just PMS (never been nauseous before) or simply anxiety. Also, I have been cramping lightly for over 10 days now.
Posted Tue, 12 Feb 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 11 hours later
Its important to keep weight under control to have regular ovulation.
Please do TVS follicular study from day 12 of your cycle till ovulation.
Also do semen ex for your partner after 3-5 days abstinence.
If you can please do the following hormones FSH,LH, Prolactin,TSH on day 2 of cycle fasting.
If the above tests are Ok please dont get worried about pregnancy.
Anxiety can lead to delay in periods nausea and delay in conception.
Please do regular exercises to bring down stress levels.