Trying to conceive. Missed periods. Should I go for home pregnancy test kit? Will it give correct result?

Infertility Specialist
Doctor ,

we are trying for kids.
My menstrual cycle is normally on 24th every month .Last two months it was on 26th .
This time I missed it .Can I check for pregnancy now ? with the home test kit like preganews ? will it give correct results or I need to wait for some more time .
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 43 minutes later

You can test now by doing urine pregnancy test at home. It should come positive by now. Preganews can be tried.

Urine Pregnancy test comes positive after one week of missed periods. Hence I presume you will know the pregnancy by doing above test. There is no need to wait.

If you want result to be more accurate, Please get serum beta hCG, which is an accurate blood test for knowing pregnancy status.

I hope I answered your query.

I will be available for any follow-up query you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist
Follow-up: Trying to conceive. Missed periods. Should I go for home pregnancy test kit? Will it give correct result? 12 minutes later
Which time is best to test at home ?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 minutes later

Early morning first urine sample is best time to check at home. Please follow the instructions on the kit carefully.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol