Trying to conceive. Low sperm motility. Infertility?

Hello Doctor. I am 30 years old man. We have been trying to conceive for 1 year now. I recently tested my semen at lab. My sperm count is 50 million but my sperm motility is 25%. There are no pus cells and quantity of sperm is ok. Is it possible to improve sperm motility? I do not drink and do exercise daily? Will i be able to raise a child in future?... pls. answer as soon as possible since I am quite depressed..
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 35 minutes later

Thanks for query.

Please do not get depressed.There is always hope in today's era, there are lot's of advancement in the field of infertility.This has given promising results in treatment of infertility.

First of all,please do not come to any conclusion with just one semen report.Please get it check at least 2-3 times in next 3-4 months in different reputed lab as per advise from your doctor.

Please abstain from sex at least 3 days prior to test and make sure you follow proper advise in collection and transport of sample to lab.Each step can affect the result.

Apart from this please visit a urologist to see whether there is any problem related to the testis which is causing poor sperm motility.If needed you may be asked to go for ultrasound of scrotum to see for any disease.

In general do following for improving sperm motility.

1.Avoid stress,please do not worry,stress can add to the problem rather then solving it.
2.Take good food,have more of XXXXXXX leafy vegetables,salads and fruits in plenty.
3.Avoid tight fitting clothes.
4.Take vitamin supplements from your doctor.

Do not lose hope based on just one report.Maintain regular follow with your doctor and hope for the best.

I hope this answers your query,I will be glad to answer any follow up queries that you have.