Trying to conceive. Have low AMH levels. Prescribed Ovisterone. What are its side effect?

May 2013
Sir, I got married 3 yrs back. My age is 33 now. i could not concieve till now. My periods are regular. It is said that my AMH level is 0.5. My FSH is 4.17, Lh-4.76, Tsh-3.170 PRL-11.91. SO, i am prescribed Ovisterone 75mg /day for 4 months. and a Uterus Biopsy. Can i take this tablets, or it has any side affects. is uterus biopsy really necessary for me. Cant i concieve naturally with folic acid tablets. My husband semen report is normal
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
Brief Answer: low ovarian reserve Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Low AMH levels indicate decreased ovarian reserve. Your remaining hormonal levels are almost normal. Ovesterone contains DHEA, which gets converted into estrogen and helps in improving the quality and quantity of oocytes. The possible side effects are menstrual irregularity, emotional changes, insomnia, headache etc. Endometrial biopsy helps in detecting any hormonal abnormality, pelvic infections like tuberculosis etc. According to your AMH levels, there is little bit less possibility for natural conception. So, you may follow your doctor's advice. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.