Trying to conceive. Frequent urination, missing period. Pregnant test negative. Could I be pregnant?

Dermatologist
Question
Hi, I'm 19 years old and my partner and I have had unprotected sex for over a year and I haven't got pregnant which I don't understand why I haven't. I have been frequently going to the toilet and experienced two hours where I needed to wee and after I already had I felt I needed to go again which I did, although it didn't hurt to wee. I had this for two hours. I have also had really bad back ache for a few days. I have had period cramps however haven't had any for a few days. My period is due today, however I took a pregnancy test last night which came back not pregnant. Could I still be pregnant?
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 16 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX
You did not get pregnant for an year, because your ovulation timing must not have matched with the time of sexual intercourse.
Regarding your present symptoms, It appears more like pregnancy.
The timing of your periods can vary by a few days so don't worry regarding that.
But the only definitive way of knowing is to do a urine pregnancy test which should be positive ( if you're pregnant) about 1 week after you miss your period.
Please XXXXXXX a physician and your urine microscopy and culture done. You might be having an infection and may need treatment with antibiotics.

Let me know if you have any other questions
Thank you

Follow-up: Trying to conceive. Frequent urination, missing period. Pregnant test negative. Could I be pregnant? 14 hours later
Thank you for your help. So you don't think there could be anything wrong with me not getting pregnant in a year?

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 45 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for the follow up.

If you had sexual intercourse on a regular basis; I mean there was no gap of more than 15 days in between, then it could be considered as a problem.

However, even in that case the infertility is mostly in male partners. A female with normal menses rarely has infertility. So don't worry regarding that.

Thank you

Follow-up: Trying to conceive. Frequent urination, missing period. Pregnant test negative. Could I be pregnant? 12 hours later
Do you have any tips or ways to get pregnant more easily or quickly?

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Thanks for the follow up.
As I mentioned earlier, sexual intercourse near ovulation increases chance of pregnancy.
I would suggest that you have unprotected sexual intercourse daily starting from 10 th day of you menstural cycle to 20 th day.
Do this every month.
This will increase the chances of getting pregnant.
Thank you