Trying to conceive. Faint line on pregnancy test kit. Experiencing pregnancy symptoms. Worrisome

May 2013
Hi there! My husband and I have just begun trying to conceive (this was our first attempt), and it FEELS as if we've been successful!

I typically have very few to NO pre-menstrual symptoms, other than cramping, and I have been experiencing a gamut of symptoms: Very frequent urination, nausea this morning for the first time, fatigue, bloating, some shortness of breath, and cramping as if my period will start any time, yet it hasn't. I am currently 3 days late (and I have never been more than a day late before, to my knowledge).

I took a pregnancy test on Saturday, and received a very VERY faint positive (so faint that I wasn't even sure that I could see it!). I took another on Sunday, and had a slightly darker, but still very faint positive. I could hardly believe it, and tested again on Monday, and then again today (Tuesday), and the tests have appeared to be NEGATIVE (one regular test and one digital)....I am EXTREMELY confused by this...I've had no bleeding, and my period has still not manifested itself.

Is it possible that I am pregnant, and the tests that were negative are incorrect (they were a different brand than the ones that gave me the very faint positive positive results)?

Thanks so much for shedding some light on the situation! I am very hopeful that I am truly pregnant!
Posted Mon, 29 Oct 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 33 minutes later

According to your symptoms there is possibility of pregnancy.
But just by symptoms we cannot confirm or rule out the pregnancy.
Sometimes urine pregnancy test kits may not detect early pregnancy and also they can give false positives and also false negatives depending on factors like concentration of urine, reading time etc.
So you better go for blood test for pregnancy which will give more accurate results than urine test.
Depending on the result further action can be planned.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.