Trying to conceive, AMH is low. Do conceive but pregnancy does not go beyond 6 weeks. Cause?

Infertility Specialist
my wife age is 37 and we are not having child .her AMH is low . She concives but the pregnancy does not go beyond 6 weeks, it has happend for three times. What is available solution for us.
Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get follicular scan done

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) Diagnostic hysteroscopy is a test to assess the uterne cavity to see if there is any fibroid / polyp / septum / bicornuate uterus etc...

2) Hence it is necessary to get diagnostic hysteroscopy done to see if there is any uterine abnormality as above to see if it is reason for abortions.

3) If AMH is very low, please get transvaginal scan done to see antral follicle count. If it is normal you can still try some type of assisted reproductive technique under an infertility specialist.

4) If AMH is very low and follicles are very less, you may have to go for IVF with donor egg.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.

Follow-up: Trying to conceive, AMH is low. Do conceive but pregnancy does not go beyond 6 weeks. Cause? 18 minutes later

i have done all the test done and i am submitting the report . All the test are ok except the AMH.. if amh is low why she is getting pregnant by normal course.. why her pregnancy not going beyond 6-7 weeks or so.?
pl go thru all the report
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hi, i have gone through all reports. They appear normal. AMH might be decreasing now as it decreases along with age of woman. It indicates decreased eggs in ovary. All these years she was conceiving normally due to probably younger age. Any AMH report could be wrong. Hence i suggested follicular scan to correlate them. I suggested hysteroscopy to check cause for abortions. Let me know if any more information needed. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow-up: Trying to conceive, AMH is low. Do conceive but pregnancy does not go beyond 6 weeks. Cause? 13 hours later
Respected Dr. XXXXXXX Koregol ,
Sir .
Sir i have done the Folicular scan and hystroscopy of my wife both seems to be normal.. I am hereby attaching you the reports of the both. Folicular study is done under the stimulated cycle. she got conceived in March 2013 and XXXXXXX 2011 in recent past.

my some questions.
1)What may be the reasons for not carrying baby beyond 6-7 weeks)
2)What possible reasons affect her pregnnacy?
3)what should be reasonable and best way treatment to have successful pregnnacy.?

Can AMH level be improved? but folicular study showes proper growth with stimulated cycle.?

pl help us. We shall be grateful to u.

1)Hystrocopy report
2)Foilcular scan recent
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
PGD / Donor egg IVF

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for additional information in attached reports.

1) All tests appear to be normal and there is no problem.

2) Reason for repeated abortions in your case seems probably due to some genetic disorder in the fetus where miscarriage happened.

3) In the background of this there are 2 treatment options : First is to go for donor egg IVF where in eggs of donor are used with you sperms and embryo is implanted into you wife. This will eliminate the risk of genetically abnormal eggs of your wife if they exist ( cannot be confirmed about it though).

4) Second is if you wish to have pregnancy with your wife's egg only then go for IVF treatment and opt for pre implantation genetic diagnosis ( PGD) where in embryos are tested to make sure they are disease free before implanting into your uterus.

5) AMH shows egg reserve in ovary which cannot be improved.

I hope your doubts are cleared.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol