Trying for a baby. FSH and LH test done. Suggest fertyl super. Is this safe?

Infertility Specialist
Hi Doctor,

Me and my husband(both working and 30 years of age. Married for 2.5 years) have been trying for a child for the last 8 months but have not found any luck so far.
I visited a doctor and she suggested to get the FSH and LH tests done on the second day of my menstrual cycle. I got the same done and following are the test results :
FSH - 4.37 mIU/ml
LH - 9.10 mIU/ml. Also, attached are the test reports for your reference.
Per the reports she suggested to start Fertyl super 100 mg from tomorrow(3rd day of my cycle) , one every night for 5 nights and go for follicular scan on day 10 .
Please let me know if the above is sufficient and what else can I do to conceive ?

Posted Wed, 3 Apr 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Aniruddha Malpani 11 hours later

Your high LH:FSH ratio suggests that you may have polycystic ovarian disease (PCOD). You can read more about this at WWW.WWWW.WW
Before starting treatment haphazardly, please do a complete workup. You need to do ALL the following simple medical tests:

- Semen analysis for your husband (to check his sperm count and motility). Read more at WWW.WWWW.WW - Blood tests for you for the following reproductive hormones - FSH ( follicle-stimulating hormone),LH (luteinising hormone), PRL (prolactin) , AMH (antiMullerian hormone) and TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) on Day 3 of your cycle. The test checks the quality of your eggs. Do this from a reliable lab such as SRL ( Day 1 = Day the period starts.
- HSG (hysterosalpingogram, X-ray of the uterus and tubes) on Day 8 of your cycle (to confirm
your fallopian tubes are open);
- The vaginal ultrasound scan on Day 10-11 should check for the following.
a. ovarian volume
b. antral follicle count
c. uterus morphology
d. endometrial thickness and texture

Please send me ALL the detailed test results and medical reports . You can scan them in as a single doc or pdf file and email them to me. It would be better if you can send me all the results together, rather than piecemeal, so I can interpret them intelligently

With these test results, we can determine what medical problems are causing your infertility. If there is a problem, then we can treat it !

Taking treatment at a world-class clinic will maximise your chances of success and give you peace of mind you did your best! You can talk to some of our patients by email at WWW.WWWW.WW
We look forward to helping you to have a baby !

Dr Aniruddha Malpani, MD
Malpani Infertility Clinic, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX SBS Road, Colaba
Bombay 400 005. India
Tel: 91-22-0000, 0000, 2218 3270
FAX ( India) 91-22-0000.
Helping couples build families !
PS Read our book, How to Have a Baby - A Guide for the Infertile Couple,
online at WWW.WWWW.WW !