Trouble in burping, chest pain, back pain, breathing problem. Suggest medication

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Hi my name is XXXXXXX and I am 18 years old. Lately i have been having trouble burping, i have mild chest pain, and upper back pain. It feels like the veins in my back hurt, and i am having breathing problems. These symptoms usually occurs after i eat. And it is off and on.
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 38 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for your querry.
You have typical symptoms of stomach disorder called hiatus(hiatal) hernia or GERD. These are conditions which cause increased gastric acid secretion which irriattes your esophagus and cause pain in chest and back. Because part of your stomach might be pushing your diaphragm and lungs up you may experience breathing difficulties which are worse after meal and when you feel bloated.
I can suggest some treatment but you need to visit gastroenterolgist for some tests to be done and some medicines prescribed.
First you must avoid stress,alcohol,smokin ,coffee, spicy food and fast food.
You should stand or walk for 30min-1h after meal. Sitting,laying or leaning forward after meal would aggravate your symptoms.Also sleep with elevated upper body.
Eat milk prducts,fresh fruit and vegetables,boiled food, meat without fats and do often exercise. Try to follow these recommendations and see is there improvement.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help