Ask a Urologist   »  

Trouble controlling bladder, wetting myself when sneezing. Sexually active

Hi, lately I've been having trouble controlling my bladder more or less. I'll wake up in the morning an I will really have to go and as soon as I stand up I wet myself. I also sneezed today and wet myself again and as I was walking somewhere today I realized I had to use the bathroom but almost a second later I wet myself before I could get to a bathroom. It's embarrassing and frustrating and I would really like some answers. I'm only 15 and I'm sexually active if that helps..? Thank you
Posted Tue, 18 Sep 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 55 minutes later
You could be having a bladder related problem known as urge incontinence which is associated with urinary tract infection
Consult your doctor for local examination & some urine investigations like urine routine examination & culture sensitivity to diagnose whether UTI has been completely cured or not.
If UTI is cured then you would have to undergo further investigation like urodynamic testing to diagnose another cause.
Being sexually active can lead to UTI but not to urge incontinence.
I hope your query has been answered. I will be available for your follow up queries.