Treatment for soreness in lower ribs and upper back?

Feb 2016

General Surgeon
I am a 65yr. old female. I suffer from rheumatoid arthritis and osteo arthritis and fibromyalgia. I have had RA for the past 24yrs. For the last year I have been having sorness in my lower right ribs which sometimes radiates to my upper back. I have been told that my lower 2 ribs on right side are resting on the pelvis bone. However one minute they are this and the time they are not really sure. Is it possible that an MRI would show what is going on. Always feeling tired and no ambitions but the doctors keep saying well you are on a lot of medication and plus I suffer from depression. Now I wonder why...... I have depression maybe because no one can actually tell me what is wrong. I also have to start taking bee venom shots. I have heard that the venom shots may help in some relief. Do you think this is possible. My Rheumatoligst just laughs at me.. But still would you recommend and MRI
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes, MRI would help diagnosis. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Gone through the history. You have nicely described the pain site ( right lower ribs) and radiation to the to upper back. It is possible an MRI of the spine and the local area of pain may give a diagnosis of the cause of pain in the back/ spine/ articular joints of vertebrae. 24 years of RA can be a reason for depression and it is good that you know you have it. Venom shots can help by modulation of the immunity as per a hypothesis. Wish you good health. regards,