Treatment for shoulder pain, tiredness and runny nose?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Good afternoon doctor,
my spouse 36 years old suffering from left side shoulder pain past 1 year kindly advise us
I need your advise on health tips on body tiredness and running nose
Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later

From description it seems your spouse suffering from chronic shoulder pain.
Common conditions that can result in chronic shoulder pain include rotator cuff disorders, adhesive capsulitis, shoulder instability, and shoulder arthritis. Management in primary care is usually conservative, with rest, attention to any contributing factors and medication for pain relief.
I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. You may get the X-ray/MRI of the area affected under his/her guidance.

Body tiredness and running nose points toward the common cold. There are no medicines that will cure the common cold. Given time, the body's immune system makes antibodies to fight the infection, and the cold is resolved without any intervention. Antibiotics are useless against a cold.Many over-the-counter medications are combinations of both antihistamines and decongestants; an ache and pain reliever, such as acetaminophen (Tylenol)or ibuprofen (Motrin).

Healthy tips-
•drinking plenty of fluids, but avoiding acidic juices, which may irritate the throat
•gargling with warm salt water—made by adding one teaspoon of salt to 8 oz of water—for a sore throat
•avoiding second-hand smoke
•getting plenty of rest
•using a cool-mist room humidifier to ease congestion and sore throat
•rubbing Vaseline or other lubricant under the nose to prevent irritation from frequent nose blowing

I advice to focus on strengthening the immune system by eating a healthy diet low in sugars and high in fresh fruits and vegetables, practicing meditation or using other means to reduce stress, and getting regular moderate exercise.

Hope this discussion was useful. Please close this discussion, if you do not have any other queries. I would appreciate your reviews about this service.

Wishing you good health...
Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.